General Toy Care
Silicone is very strong, but is not invincible! In order to ensure the long and useful life of your toy, there's a few things you need to know.
1. Silicone can be damaged if bitten or cut by sharp things, and abrasion with rough surfaces. This is because tears in silicone make the toy vulnerable to ripping.
2. Silicone is incompatible with silicone-based lubes. We recommend a water based lubricant. Do not allow silicone lube to come in contact with your toys.
3. Silicone is sensitive to the materials used in some low quality toys, for instance those made of Vinyl and similar materials. We always recommend that you store Sapphire Fairy toys separately from other toys, and do not allow them to come in contact with each other. We have heard many stories of customers leaving other brands of toys in contact with their Sapphire Fairy toys, and experiencing a wide variety of problems - including breaking down of the silicone, stickiness, leaching of smells and colors, and other undesirable effects.
4. Ensure your toys are stored in a way that protects them, such as avoiding anything abrasive or chemicals. We personally prefer ziplock bags or a clean dry towel and kept in a closet so they won't be squished or have anything spilled on them.
5. Consider investing in a toy box if you have several Sapphire Fairy toys. Ensure you avoid storing them in contact with other brands or types of toys.
A dirty silicone sex toy can get you sick, really sick. A dirty toy also can degrade and fall apart. A clean silicone toy can last a life time of use!
There are four really good (and proven to be effective) ways to clean a silicone sex toy.
We recommend you check out this blog post on the topic!
Before using your new toy, make sure to clean thoroughly with soap (mild dish detergent such as Dawn) and warm water.
When you've finished using your toy, it's important to clean the toy thoroughly to prevent a buildup of bacteria and foreign matter on its surface. These toys are dish washer safe, as long as you do not use any detergent! For the most thorough clean you let soak in a 10% bleach to water solution (1 oz bleach for 10oz water) for an hour, remembering to scrub the toy with a sponge to remove any solids).
Always thoroughly rinse and dry your toy after cleaning.
Disclaimer of Liability
Sapphire Fairy assumes no responsibility or liability for any injury, loss or damage incurred as a result of any use or reliance upon the information and material contained within this document.
Sapphire Fairy has taken considerable care in preparing the information and materials which is contained within this document. However, Sapphire Fairy is unable to provide any warranty concerning the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within.
Please note - we do not take responsibility for any contact-related or negligent damage to our products caused by disregarding these instructions. We are proud to use only the highest quality materials, however due to the nature of silicone (especially softer grades), silicone can sometimes be sensitive to adverse handling or conditions.